Thursday, November 22

POPPING FASHION




Two weeks ago I went to the PureThread  pop up shop in London. I might not have mentioned it yet but I have a strong interest in ethics and sustainability in the fashion industry. So when I heard about this pop up shop I was totally about to miss, I grabbed my bag, my camera and rushed to Liverpool Street to discover this event.


The pop up shop was happening in a flat which was literally "someone's house" with a kitchen, a bathroom and other rooms which was quite funny. In my opinion, it made the event accessible and the noisy wooden floor gave it some kind of down to earth feel. I was impressed with the products quality in terms of cut, fabric and originality. 


I had a crush on Monkee Genes. These jeans are really fun, colourful and made in the UK.
They were only £40 too so, a perfect recipe for a wallet apocalypse.




I also liked these accessories made out of can pieces.


And these leather bracelets from Organic Leather.

To discover more about this event, check out this post by the Ethical Fashion Forum*.

*THE ETHICAL FASHION FORUM (EFF) IS THE INDUSTRY BODY FOR SUSTAINABLE FASHION. It is running since 2004 AND COUNTS A NETWORK OF OVER 6000 MEMBERS IN 100 COUNTRIES.